Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Sep 02, 2011 @ 15:26
    Stephen

Migrated to live and content nodes and have dissapeared

Hey all,

FInished my site (first!) and am in the midths of migrating to my live server...everything went well until i logged in and the content and media tree is empty...everything else is there (doc types, XSLT files etc) and the media folders are there physically...anyone any ideas?

Cheers,

Stephen

• Matt Brailsford 4125 posts 22222 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Sep 02, 2011 @ 17:10
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Stephen,

Maybe try using something like Fiddler to see what is coming back from the tree services and see if there are any exceptions being thrown?

Cheers

Matt

Sep 04, 2011 @ 11:20
    Stephen

I went from a SQL 2005 DB to a 2008 DB on the live so i have to script the DB rather than backup ans retsore...is there a way i can check the DB to make sure the Media and Content data is there?

Stephen

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 04, 2011 @ 12:33
    Rich Green

Hey Stephen,

The reference to media items are held in the umbracoNode table so I doubt this is the problem (unless you have Zero nodes)

The following should bring back the media items

SELECT *  FROM [umbracoNode] where nodeObjectType='B796F64C-1F99-4FFB-B886-4BF4BC011A9C' 

Rich

Sep 05, 2011 @ 16:43
    Stephen

The problem was with the way i scripted my DB, the foreign keys need be cearted using a script then the database should be scripted, the following link should sort anyone out who's having a similar issue..

http://upstairsweb.com/blog/copy-a-mssql-umbraco-database-to-another-mssql-server

Cheers,

Stephen

PS can i mark this up as the answer?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft