Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Georg Scholz 5 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 06, 2011 @ 13:28
    Georg Scholz

How to setup multiple sites in 1 instance?

Hello,

I have just managed to install Umbraco on a Windows 2008 server platform. Installation was really quite simple, and the first impression is very good!

Now, I want to host multiple sites in one single umbraco instance. i.e.: multiple top-level domains with different content. Is this possible, and how can it be done ?

As for a beginning, I have two domains, www.georgscholz.com and www.pulmopret.com, which are both referencing to the same server directory. But how can Umbraco now diffferentiate between these two, and display different content ?

Kind regards

Georg Scholz

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 06, 2011 @ 13:38
    Dirk De Grave

Right click top level nodes for each of your sites, and choose Assign hostnames from the context menu.

Enter hostname and set culture and make sure to republish the entire site.

Also configure IIS bindings for both hostnames.

Are these sites for the same client, or are you going to manage the content. It's not a good idea if multiple clients will be sharing the same umbraco instance! Although you can configure permissions so client A is only able to manage part of the content/media section, whereas another client B can only manage another part of the tree, other sections are shared amongst the different sites.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Georg Scholz 5 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 07, 2011 @ 08:47
    Georg Scholz

Hello Dirk, thanks for your quick answer. I tried it and it works fine. Well, I think I understand the concept - basically, everything is in one directory, and there is a different "default" page for each different top-level domain, right?

Kind regards

Georg

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft