Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jan 54 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 13:00
    Jan

Installed new umbraco / want to move old documenttypes + other

hey there - noob webdesigner here . i just installed the new umbraco and loving how easy that was compared to the old one.

now i have would like to somehow transfer "some" document types and macros +other things i made in my old umbraco  (i wasent happy about upgrading that version so instead did a fresh install)

is there a quick easy way to move such files from one umbraco ?. (or should i simply just upgrade the old and delete unnessesary stuff (alot of it :P ))

more or less i just want to move all the good things i manage to get working in the old umbraco and filter away all my testing stuff. and move to the new installation.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 13:07
    Rich Green

Hey Jan,

Depending on what version you were running you should be able to create a 'package' of your old site and install it into the new one.

Go to 'Developer' right click 'Packages' and then select what you need, save the package, open your new install (I would back up the database first just in case if it's an important installation) and then install the package.

I should warn you that without knowing what version you were on it's hard to say how successful it'll be but certainly a good route to try first.

Regards

Rich

• Euan Rae 105 posts 135 karma points
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 13:09
    Euan Rae

You can create packages in Developer section of umbraco; in the instance with all your macros in it, create a new package, you can include macros/doc types, etc.

Then in your fresh new installation go to the developer section, install your package and it will load all your macros/doc types

• Jan 54 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 08, 2011 @ 14:33
    Jan

thanx manage to install basic files - unfortunately it reported errors on more complex files
    cultive contact (a different package i once installed)
    and other .dll file problems - but ill just install them manually and fix the hiccups manually.

thanx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft