Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carsten 13 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 09, 2011 @ 11:29
    Carsten

Unable to install packages

Hey there Umbraco-Community,

I am unable to install most of the starter kits or packages available for Umbraco. It does not matter if I am trying to install an package from a local source or from the backend package repository. I am always running into an missing file exception. For example I have tried to install uComponents or Koiak Standard Site (http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/standard-website), but the exception also appears for many other packages.

Basicly I think it always appears for .ascx files. The setup is appears to be unable to create or extract them. Unfortunately I am new to Umbraco, so I do not know how to install the rest of the package manually (since document types, contents and templates are apparently installed correctly).

I am running on Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 2, IIS 7), .NET version is 4.0.30319 and ASP.NET version is 4.0.30319.233.

Here is an exception dump:

Server Error in '/Test' Application.

The file '/Test/usercontrols/BasicSiteInstall.ascx' does not exist.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/Test/usercontrols/BasicSiteInstall.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Test/usercontrols/BasicSiteInstall.ascx' does not exist.]
       System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) +203
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +163
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +201
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate) +127
       System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +180
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.processInstall(String currentStep) +904
       umbraco.presentation.developer.packages.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +573
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +116
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2750

• Carsten 13 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 14:37
    Carsten

Hello again!

I have found a solution for this problem on my own now. After reinstalling Umbraco manually I noticed that you have to set up permissions as described in here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line. However the given command line script is incorrect if you want to install packages that are trying to write into the directories "usercontrols" or "bin". I rewrote the script to give NETWORK SERVICE or IIS APPPOOL\... users medium trust permissions for those directories. Anyway you should use the old script if you are uploading your website to the www!

Here is a fixed version of the script:

REM Following line in original script incorrectly sets all child folder permissions
    REM icacls
    ./grant "NETWORK SERVICE":(OI)(CI)M
    icacls app_code
    /grant "NETWORK SERVICE":(OI)(CI)RX
    icacls app_browsers
    /grant "NETWORK SERVICE":(OI)(CI)RX
    icacls app_data
    /grant "NETWORK SERVICE":(OI)(CI)M
    icacls bin
    icacls config
    icacls css
    icacls data
    icacls masterpages
    icacls media
    icacls python
    icacls scripts
    icacls umbraco
    /grant "NETWORK SERVICE":(OI)(CI)R
    icacls usercontrols
    icacls xslt
    icacls web
    .config /grant "NETWORK SERVICE":(OI)(CI)M
    icacls web
    .config /grant "
    NETWORK SERVICE":M
    REM
    If you have installed the Robots.txt editor package you need the following line too
    icacls robots
    .txt /grant "
    NETWORK SERVICE":M
  • Steve Crabb 6 posts 106 karma points
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 14:30
    Steve Crabb

Carsten,

Thank you for this. Saved me a lot of time !

Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft