Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Georg Scholz 5 posts 25 karma points
    Sep 10, 2011 @ 21:56
    Georg Scholz

Umbraco Canvas requires an ASP.Net form to function properly. Live editing has been turned off.

Hello, it's me again :-(

Well, I've now installed the Koiak Standard Site and created a new site. (I have removed the Business Standard Site)

However, whenever I'm trying to edit any node in the Canvas, I get the following server error:

Umbraco Canvas requires an ASP.Net form to function properly. Live editing has been turned off.

Can anyone help?

In some article I read that I should put a <form runat="server"> on each page. But if this is the solution, then where should I put this exactly, into which file?

Kind regards

Georg Scholz

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 11, 2011 @ 08:04
    Rich Green

Hi Georg,

As you've said you need to add a runat server tag, I would place it in your Master template just after the body tag like this

<html>
    <body>
    <form runat="server">

.....content....

</form>
    </body>
    </html>

Rich

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 11:19
    Craig100

I had this problem, added the server tags as Rich said on my master page. Pages now come up in canvas mode but they can't be edited. Clicking in the dotted areas does nothing. Some of the content does not appear within dotted areas. My site is an HTML5 standards based site. The items that aren't in dotted areas are in <aside> tags. The main content area is in an <article> tag which is in a dotted area but cannot be edited. I'm using Firefox 7.01 as the browser.

Can anyone shed any light on this as I don't want to give this facility to my client if it's not going to work.

Craig

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 18:40
    Rich Green

Hi Craig,

Wish I had an answer for you, to be honest I've never used Canvas editing, not too sure why but get the feeling might cause my clients more trouble than it's worth.

Rich 

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 19:38
    Craig100

Maybe if it doesn't work then it shouldnt be in Umbraco till it does. It's reminiscent of the "Concrete5" CMS which looks very nice and would be very attractive to techphobic clients. Maybe it's just being tripped up by the HTML5 tags and will come good in V5;)

Craig

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft