Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Laura Holland 82 posts 103 karma points
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 04:03
    Laura Holland

URL Binding failure in Webmatrix, site won't run

This is so strange.. I've been working on this site for months, without any problem running it using IIS Express from Webmatrix. Tonight I try and start it up, and I get "URL Binding Failure: Cannot start the website because administrative privileges are required to bind to the hostname or port." I don't think I changed anything that could have caused this, but obviously something changed.

I can open up my other Umbraco sites without any problems using Webmatrix, it's just this one site that won't run.

Any ideas as to how to fix this? I'm also having difficulty getting it to run in regular IIS.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 09:05
    jaygreasley

It may be worth checking that site in the IIS Express gui, from the notification area.

• Laura Holland 82 posts 103 karma points
    Sep 19, 2011 @ 17:45
    Laura Holland

Hmm.. I can't find a GUI for my installation of IIS Express. All I have is a config file.

Oddly, last time I booted up my computer and tried to run the site, it worked fine. But today I'm having the same problem again. I can't figure out why it would work sometimes and not others.

• Rufi 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 25, 2015 @ 10:40
    Rufi

Try moving all files of your website to a different folder at different location. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft