Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 10:44
    David Conlisk

Public access settings lost when deploying site to new server

I've built a site locally which works fine, using a database on another server (DBServer).

I deploy the site to the test server (TestServer) by copying all files from my local machine, including the web.config, and setting up IIS in the usual way. The site on TestServer uses the same database on DBServer as the site on my local machine. 

However, the public access settings I'd set on the home node on my local machine have been lost on the server version, leading to an exception being thrown. 

My question is, where is this information stored, and how can I ensure that I don't have to manually set the Public Access settings on the home node each time I deploy to a new server?

Thanks in advance!

David

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 10:54
    Ismail Mayat

Dave,

In the app_data there is access.xml file copy that over as well thats where the information is stored.

Regards

Ismail

• David Conlisk 432 posts 1008 karma points
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 11:14
    David Conlisk

Cheers Ismail - makes perfect sense! I'd done an export from Subversion and the access.xml file was not being source controlled.

• Taras 30 posts 151 karma points
    Feb 06, 2014 @ 13:03
    Taras

Hi, David Conlisk.

I have same situation now.

1)Did you put appdata folder to Subversion? 2)As I know appdata folder must not be in Subversion. Is it Correct?

Thanks.

• Nikolay Arhangelov 15 posts 34 karma points
    May 23, 2014 @ 10:56
    Nikolay Arhangelov

Why aren't the public access settings stored in the database as all other settings? I am deploying Umbraco using continuous deployment and the public access settings get cleared on each deploy. Storing the access.config file means having a version of the file for each environment - Dev, Staging and Production, with the specific ID's of the pages. After reading the forums I see that Courier also doesn't deploy access.config. Also if the public access is edited in a distributed environment, the other servers will not get updated with the settings.

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 11:48
    Pushpendra Singh

How to access access.config information in my code (c#)?

• Pushpendra Singh 61 posts 116 karma points
    May 26, 2014 @ 11:50
    Pushpendra Singh

If i am assign same page to multiple group in public access then it's difficult to pass every group info in dictionary or web config so is there any way all the info. I can access from access.config in my code ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft