Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mojo 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 17, 2011 @ 13:37
    mojo

Rookie question

When creating a template, how can I specify a path to an existing *.Master or *.aspx file created previously (in e.g. VisualStudio an then copied to the "masterpages" folder in my Umbraco site)?

When organizing my website, how can I create basic "folder nodes" in which to store templates (when I click "Create" on the Template node it just creates a template, I can't choose any other "insert option")?

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Sep 18, 2011 @ 17:21
    Dan Diplo

You really need to create master pages within Umbraco as that creates the necessary database references. Plus all Umbraco master pages must inherit from a descendant of /umbraco/masterpages/default.master. If you want to use an existing master page then your best bet would be to create a new master page in Umbraco and then copy the content of your master page into the default placeholder:

<%@ Master Language="C#" MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/default.master" AutoEventWireup="true" %>

<asp:content contentplaceholderid="ContentPlaceHolderDefault" runat="server">

// Paste your master page code here....

</asp:content>

You don't really use folders to store templates in. Templates are naturally nested if you use another template as the master template when creating it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft