Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin McMahon 69 posts 101 karma points
    Sep 20, 2011 @ 17:30
    Martin McMahon

Install Skin Issue

Hi, I've recently installed and have been playing about with the basics. I wanted to confirm if there is an issuewith the 'Install Skin' option? I was able toinstall the 4 skins listed, but only once. When I then tried to re-install one I'd had on before it just did nothing. I uninstalled umbraco completeley and then re-installed. I could then change the skins, but again only once. I would have thought you should be able to change when required. Is this a bug?

• Maxim Vygovskiy 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 13:59
    Maxim Vygovskiy

I've got the same result :) This is a bug I think... 

• Joey Adams 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 16:45
    Joey Adams

First time with Umbraco. Didn't appear to have any problems downloading and setting up the site, but now I am unable to select a "skin" for my Simple Starter Site. I have tried multiple times and nothing. Have tried un-installing and re-installing, but nothing.

If I visit Developer > Packages > Installed Packages > Install Skin it gives me the option of installing four available skins ... yet no matter which one I select nothing happens. The link takes me nowhere, nothing is downloaded or installed.

I'm hoping that this is nothing more than a "rookie mistake" but I've spent hours on this issue and need some guidance. Thanks!

• Rory 59 posts 84 karma points
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 18:28
    Rory

I've just had a play around on a clean install and managed to replicate this issue. I went through and uninstalled all skins (Developer > Packages > Installed Packages) then check the site...it should display in plain(ish) text with no CSS or layout. Then go back to Developer > Packages > Installed Packages > Install Skin  and install the ONE skin you want to use.

Does this help?

• Joachim von Dadelsen 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 01, 2013 @ 17:38
    Joachim von Dadelsen

had the same Install Skin Issue with 4.11.3. Rory, your reply HELPs. Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft