Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dominik 711 posts 733 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 07:34
    dominik

Update from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1

Will there be any problems if i update 4.7.0 to 4.7.1?

Is there a upgrade documentation?

Thanks

• Matthias 87 posts 173 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 08:08
    Matthias

On Codeplex (http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/73692) scroll down to "Important when upgrading" or see the Release Notes. Should work like a breeze...

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 08:54
    Eran

the only problems that i've got when upgrading was 2 breaking changes in razor:

1. page properties that not returns string values and now return dynamicXml.

2. the constructor of the GetMediaByID changed (i think its a bug that fixed in the latest nighlty build)

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 23, 2011 @ 09:57
    Jeavon Leopold

I have seen a strange one, following upgrade from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1, images in the richtext editor are being rendered with their src containing the tilda and so not working on the upgraded website, e.g ~/media/7090/barcelona.jpg. In Umbraco, they appear fine and after publishing each page they are fixed. Stangely doing a full republish of the whole site doesn't fix them, I had to go through each and every page publishing.

Anyone else seen this?

• Andreas Pfanner 196 posts 314 karma points
    Sep 26, 2011 @ 15:15
    Andreas Pfanner

Hi,

@Jeavon Leopold: I had the same issue with embedded images. I also had to go through all pages in order to fix them..

Kind regards

Andreas

• Jeavon Leopold 3072 posts 13628 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 26, 2011 @ 15:54
    Jeavon Leopold

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for confirming this issue, as a result I have logged a issue on Codeplex, please vote for it :-)

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30508

Regards,

Jeavon

• Ruald Gerber 20 posts 41 karma points
    Nov 07, 2011 @ 15:08
    Ruald Gerber

Hey

Anyone knows about a fix for the tilde problem? I've got a site with about 8,000 nodes so can't go through them all looking for images.

Thanks

• Lou 59 posts 169 karma points
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 01:05
    Lou

I followed the Upgrade from 4.7.0 to 4.7.1 from the Release Notes (accessed on 7th November 2011) at CodePlex.  It stated that all I need to do was copy the bin, umbraco and umbraco_client files from the 4.7.1 zip into my site and over-write my existing files. I did this and ran the site and it said it was successfully upgraded.

When I look at my RichTextEditor(RTE) it behaves differently.  I did some tests.

My RTE in my version before the upgrade is extened to 1000 by 1000.

My RTE after the Upgrade has shrunk and the Ribbon does not appear (if I switch Tabs and go back to the RTE the ribbon appears).  The RTE is exhibiting other problems, if I have a table and go to the html view the table disappears.

I looked at a clean install of 4.7.1 and RTE worked perfectly.

What other files need to be copied in addition to bin, umbraco, and umbraco_client to make the upgrade work properly?

Nov 10, 2011 @ 02:28
    Lou

I just did some futher tests and found that the BIN, UMBRACO and UMBRACO_CLIENT directories are identical in the 4.7.1 zip and the 4.7.1 install.  So why does my RichTextEditor behave differently after I upgrade it from 4.7.0.  It behaves properly if I do a new install of 4.7.1 so why is the Upgrade not working properly?

I can't release my site to my customer if they lose data when using the RTE in the upgraded site.

The main reason I upgraded was to use Razor, so I now have roll back all my Razor work and have the customer annoyed that I haven't done the development, or give them the upgraded version knowing that the RTE is corrupted and they MAY lose what they have entered if they re-edit it.

OR

I create a new 4.7.1 site and then manually transfer all my work across, which would take a couple of weeks and then get the client to check if their content is correct (they have already done this).

HELP

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 11:12
    Tim

@Lou,

Have you tried completely clearing your browser cache files? Also, after performing the upgrade, delete the client dependency files in Add_Data, and then open up the client dependency config file and update the version by one. That will force the site to refresh all the cms stylesheets and javascript.

If that doesn't fix it, you could do the fresh install and copy stuff across, but it shouldn't take weeks, it's only a minor upgrade, so all you should need to do to transfer your work across is:

• Set up new version of 4.7.1
    • Copy the database from the current site to the new one (no database changes from 4.7 to 4.7.1)
    • Copy across the DLLs and folders for any custom packages you've istalled
    • Copy accross your media library folder
    • Copy accross any other static resources, such as CSS, Template Images, Javascript etc.
    • Copy across the language files from the /umbraco/config/ folder (otherwise you'll lose any additional language items that were added by packages, eg the menu text for Contour)
    That should be all that you need. The content will be the same, as its the same database, you'll just need to run through and make sure you've copied all the files across and not missed anything. We've done this a couple of times for particularly stubborn issues with upgrades.
    Hope that helps!
    :)
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 23:52
    Lou

Thank You Tim, it now works the same.  I did try the alternative you suggested, but I copied the dependency files so it behaved the same.  Thank you for your quick response.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 10:04
    Tim

Hi Lou,

No worries, glad you've got it working!

:)

• Niklas Jalmerud 26 posts 62 karma points
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 09:28
    Niklas Jalmerud

Hi!

I have a similar problem but it's not as simple as just save and republish the page. Its not only the images that disappear. All the HTML in the RTE on the published page is gone as well. I have to remove and then reinsert all images on the page to get it to work. Anyone had this problem as well?

I upgraded from 4.5.2 straight to 4.7.1 and after that this problem started.

• Niklas Jalmerud 26 posts 62 karma points
    Dec 05, 2011 @ 09:35
    Niklas Jalmerud

Ok. Found the problem myself. Our images had a "rel" attribute. When I removed that it started to work again. So, rel wont work in 4.7.1. Good to know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft