Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Sep 27, 2011 @ 17:02
    Jon Dunfee

Packages install, tree doesn't reflect change.

New 4.7.1 installation, I'm attempting to install the Config Tree package.  I receive no errors and can view the installed package in the installed packages node; unfortunately, the Config Files node is not displayed. Doesn't matter if I install locally or remote, same result:

First guess would be permissions.  The files are present in their appropriate locations and I can uninstall without issues. I've looked at some threads about Actions in packages not executing, but they didn't provide enough insight, it was permissions related or to test you need to install a package (cart before the horse, imho). Any quesses what this might be, or what I can do?  Also, it's not limited to just Config Tree package, I tried the ASP.NET info package with same result.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 27, 2011 @ 17:23
    Rich Green

Hi,

Did you logout and back in again?

Rich

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Sep 27, 2011 @ 17:54
    Jeroen Breuer

You could also try to recycle the app pool, or change something in the web.config.

Finally you could refresh the Client Dependency.

Jeroen

Sep 27, 2011 @ 19:10
    Jon Dunfee

- Logged out and back on, no difference

- Applied an update to the web.config to force refresh, no difference

- Incremented the version in config/ClientDependency.config & update to web.config, no difference

It's on a shared host, so I won't be able to recycle the AppPool, so I'll sit it out and see if it takes later.  I've been able to install packages in the past on this host, but it was earlier version of Umbraco (4.5.2, I believe) running 3.5 framework and on the 4.7.1 version I'm using embedded db option.  Worse case scenario, I could copy the site down locally, install the packages and re-up it and see if it works.

Sep 30, 2011 @ 16:29
    Jon Dunfee

Update.  In order for me to update the dev tree I have to download the solution, install the package, then re-up (cumbersome, but only way I know to get it to work). What's odd is all the files are placed in their appropriate location, just the tree doesn't reflect the change.  Thinking it's a permissions issue (actually, obvious it must be) I used the Config Tree package to make a change to some config files including the web.config and the files save successfully.  It's almost like the Actions executor (whatever it's called) in the package install logic is performing operations perhaps in an elevated manner that's not necessary.  I don't know, just thinking aloud.  What file is updated that adds the entry to the tree?  I can see if it has the update in it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft