Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Owen Hope 119 posts 140 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 01:11
    Owen Hope

Moving existing Umbraco install to new Server.

Hi,

Having some problems moving my existing Umbraco installation to a new website.

I have done the following:

1. Zipped up existing Umbraco install
    2. Backed up Database from existing Umbraco install
    3. Installed Umbraco onto new server
    4. Copied and replaced the new Umbraco install files with the files from my existing install
    5. Restored database from existing Umbraco backup.

I then try to go to my url umbracodemo.mountaininteractive.ca and I prompted to install Umbraco again?

If I try to go to umbracodemo.mountaininteractive.ca/umbraco/ I am prompted to login but no username password combination works, i've tried to even reset the password to blank and default and no success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Owen

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 05:32
    Ansar

Make sure your database connection string in web.config (umbracoDbDSN) is updated to point to the new DB server.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 18:31
    Tim

You need to republish the entire site from the back office to get the content to show up. You may also need to republish your media items as well, if you have problems with missing images. If the back office is all screwed up, you need to delete all the client dependency files in app_data/temp!

The login thing may be because the database connection string is incorrect (if it can't find the database, no error is thrown, it just says password not found). Double check to make sure that it's correct and that it's working ok.

Hope that helps!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft