Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garry Bain 149 posts 124 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 16:50
    Garry Bain

Full trust doesn't appear to be working

Hi everyone,

I have migrated an Umbraco site from my Win2k3 server (IIS 6) which is running on .net 2 over to a windows 7 IIS 6 also running .net 2.

The interface is slightly different on the windows 7 IIS but I believe the settings are the same between the 2 servers. I have set the trust levels to "Full (internal)" on the new server and also have the following in my web.config:

<trust level="Full" originUrl="" />

Is there a particular place this needs to be placed in the web.config file? I currently have it inside <appSettings> which I'm hoping is correct.

After restarting the website and IIS I am still receiving the infamous "imageManipulation" which is something like:

Required permissions cannot be acquired. Could not load file or assembly 'ImageManipulation' etc...

From my googling I believe this means that the website is still not running in Full Trust - but I believe I have tried everything I can to get this running in Full Trust. Has anyone experienced this before, or have any advice on how to deal with it?

Cheers,
    Garry.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 16:55
    jaygreasley

I've not had trouble getting Umbraco to run in Full Trust myself, only medium trust has ever caused issues afaik.

Have you made sure you have set up the file permissions correctly on the new server?

Sep 28, 2011 @ 17:22
    Garry Bain

Well I gave the root folder of my site, full access to NETWORK SERVICE and this has applied to all the sub folders - so it seems that the file permissions would be correctly set up.

• Julie 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 28, 2011 @ 17:55
    Julie

I'm having the same issue on my end

Sep 28, 2011 @ 18:24
    Garry Bain

Julie - out of interest - did you have Umbraco working at any point? It appears mine decided to break around 2 weeks ago and we're still trying to figure out whats going on.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft