Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• J 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 01:41
    J

Cannot connect to database - install fails

Im using web plattform installer 3.0 and when i shall eneter application information i cant install because i dont know what to write in the db fields. Its not easy to find out the db path. Installer suggest .\sqlexpress.

Is there some default db password, admin username for db that should work with new installation. I have not used my db before because i just installed it with the installer from microsoft. Please help me get started.

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 02:42
    Peter Gregory

Hi

This could be because SQL express is not configured at the moment to use SQL Authentication.  You can check this by opening SQL Management Studio login using windows authentication to your database server (usually ./sqlexpress) and right click on the database and click properties.  Go to Security and and check that the database is set to allow both SQL and Windows Authentication.  You may also need to go and check that the SA user is enabled, as by default SQL disables this account.   You can also go and reset the password for this at the same time.

Hope this helps a little.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft