Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam 51 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 18:08
    Adam

Local Install is 4.7.0 But New Hosting is 4.7.1 - How to Install My Website Package?

Hi,

I developed a site locally in Umbraco 4.7.0. With the recent 4.7.1 release, the install on the hosting account I just setup. I have packaged up my local site and want to install on my hosting so I can release the site online. I just want to check if there will be any kind of problem because I am installing to a newer version of Umbraco. It is a simple site and the only think I can thing of that might cause problems is I set up Examine search which meant manually updating the 2 Examine config files.

Can I go ahead and install my package created from the older version of Umbraco or do I need to do something first?

Thanks,

Adam

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 19:28
    Rich Green

Hey Adam,

Personally I would upgrade your local install to 4.7.1, test that everything works ok, then upload it.

Regards

Rich

Oct 03, 2011 @ 22:28
    Adam

Thanks Rich. This is what I plan to do tomorrow I wasjust wondering what other people have done before. I am also a complete newbie so want to be well informed before I risk causing problems ;-)

I'll let you know how it goes locally.

Anybody already done this?

Oct 03, 2011 @ 23:46
    Adam

Okay, decided not to wait until tomorrow and thought i'd stay up a little late. Setup a new site with 4.7.1 using Webmatrix and installed the package I made in 4.7.0. Everything looks good except my search funtion which is using Examine. It seems to work for searches where there are no results found but for searches that should return results I get a message saying "Error loading Razor Script SearchResults.cshtml The given key was not present in the dictionary."

Maybe I could remove Examine and then install afresh and customise the 2 config files again?

I did not perform an upgrade on the original 4.7.0 site as I've never done this.

All thoughts much appreciated!

Adam

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 08:07
    Rich Green

Hi Adam,

I believe that bug you're seeing is intermittent and is being fixed for the next minor release 4.7.1.1, does the problem go away when you reload the page?

Rich

Oct 04, 2011 @ 09:46
    Adam

Hi Rich,

Nope, a reload does not make a difference. It must have something to do with displaying the results because like I said there is no error when I search for a keyword that I know will not return any results. What does "The given key was not present in the dictionary" actually mean?

The razor script I am using (slightly modified version from the CWS video series) is as follows:

@using Examine;

@Get the search term from query string *@
    @{var searchTerm Request.QueryString["search"];}
    @{var results ExamineManager.Instance.Search(searchTermtrue)}

@{if (results.TotalItemCount == 0)

<p><strong>Sorrythere were no results found for your search terms.</strongPlease try another search.</p>
      }
      else
      {
        <ol class="search-results">
            @foreach (var result in results)
            {                                                                    
                <li>
                    <href="@umbraco.library.NiceUrl(result.Id)">
                        @result.Fields["nodeName"]
                    </a><br />
                           @result.Fields["titleTag"]<br />
                </li><br />

}
            </ol>
        }
    }

Not sure why Umbraco has highlighted 'search' and 'terms' in the <p> tag and also coloured 'for' and 'try' purple.

Any ideas?

Adam

Oct 06, 2011 @ 12:37
    Adam

Okay, I updated (or patched) and I'm now running 4.7.1 and everything seems to be fine now. Thanks. I suggest applying the patch for anyone else having the same issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft