Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Oct 05, 2011 @ 12:42
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

SQL Replication with Distributed Call

In our setup we didn't use a load balancing but rather use directional dns to serve our website to different regions.
    Our setup is like this
    LONDON SERVER (This will serve the site for regions other than india and uae)
    - A SQL server is setup here
    INDIA SERVER (This will serve the site for india and uae users)
    - Another SQL server is setup here also

- We use a third party tool to replicate the files from LONDON Server to INDIA Server
    - We use SQL replication to update the server from LONDON Server to INDIA Server

With this setup, the data is being replicated but it is not published.

I want to use also the distributed call to update the xml cache from LONDON server to INDIA Server.
    I try putting the i.p. address in the umbracoSettings.config but it doesn't work.

Can somebody help me with this setup?

• Jim Burton 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 03, 2012 @ 12:02
    Jim Burton

I know this topic is 4 months old and but we are trying to do the exact same thing so I thought I would post in case other people are having the same problems.

Our setup is similar to one above

-UK server with umbraco installation and running sql database. Active Directory integrated.

- Hong Kong Server with umbraco installation and running sql database. AD integrated (Authenticates with a different AD than the UK).

We are using robocopy to sync/replicate the files which works ok, not great, but works.

We are using sql replication to update the databases.

We have successfully set up the distributed calls to update the xml cache. The problem you probably have above is that it wont be able to resolve the site to the IP address' you have put in, especially if you are running more than one site off the that IP address (presuming that its not your default site in IIS).

What the distributed call does is visit a url on the site which triggers the cache update, so whatever IP you put in within your umbracoSettings.config it accesses that with the following "/umbraco/webservices/CacheRefresher.asmx". You can test this by browsing to this within a browser, if it works then your on the right track.

The problem we are having now is that we can replicate the files, we can replicate the database and update the cache but the cache gets updated before the sql replication has taken place, meaning that our users in Hong Kong dont see the new changes.

So, my question, does anyone know how to delay the Distributed Call? Can this be done by default from Umbraco or shall/can we write something our selves to make these calls?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope some of the info here is useful to somebody.

Thanks

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Feb 13, 2012 @ 13:28
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

Yeah still same problem. :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft