Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon Smith 19 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 08, 2011 @ 23:31
    Simon Smith

Missing fields for database details in installer

When installing 4.7.1 using WebMatrix, the fields for entering the details of an existing MSSQL/MySQL database do not show up. This occurs consistently in FF7 and IE9 on Windows 7 x64 on two different machines.

Exact version: umbraco v 4.7.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4281.20201)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 12, 2011 @ 21:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Could you perhaps describe the steps you take when installing Umbraco from WebMatrix?

Once Umbraco has been installed using WebMatrix you need to launch the site in order to set up your Umbraco instance using the usual installation guide where you can select wether you want to use a blank MSSQL databse, MySQL or SQL CE or whatever :-)

Please provide us with some more information so we're in a better position to help you out.

/Jan

Oct 12, 2011 @ 21:33
    Simon Smith

Hi Jan,

It's when you get to the step in the installation process about specifying the database that the problem occurs. There is nothing special about the installtion. Here's a screenshot:

As you can see, despite SQL server being selected in the dropdown, the fields for server, database, user and password are all missing. It's the same if you select MySQL.

I've managed to work around the issue by specifying the connection string manually, so it's not an urgent issue for me. But since it's reproducable on 2 different machines, it may be causing problems for others.

Thanks,
    Simon

Oct 12, 2011 @ 21:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

Ah yes I see - same happens here. Wonder if this has been reported as a bug on codeplex. I will go check right away! :)

/Jan

Oct 12, 2011 @ 21:46
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Simon

I have created this issue on codeplex here: http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30535

Go there and vote it up so the core team can get this one fixed :)

/Jan

Oct 12, 2011 @ 22:02
    Simon Smith

Voted!

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 17:30
    Robert Foster

Had the same issue just now - got around it by editing the umbracoDbDNS setting in the web.config file (through WebMatrix) and then going back a few steps and trying again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft