Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Milos Savara 6 posts 26 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 02:55
    Milos Savara

Problem with resources after clean install

Hello. I made a clean istall umbraco 4.7.1 to my server with IIS7.5 . After installation I get this window without language resources and this is the result.

And can't add a document type , drop down is empty. 

Please help. Where is the problem ? Thankou you very much.

Oct 09, 2011 @ 02:58
    Milos Savara

After the error i moved umbraco files to another server. There it is working normally.It is certainly a configuration 

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 11:08
    Rodion Novoselov

When you come to the login screen unbraco uses the locale of the application pool that runs under (most probably it's a default locale of the system). In your case it's not one of the locales that umbraco supports out of the box. After you log in it starts using the locale of a log-in user. You can set the locale of the login screen by adding '<globalization>' setting to the web.config file - it will override the setting of the system.

About the second question - if it's a clean installation then there'are just no defined document types initially. You have to start your development from adding some document types.

Oct 09, 2011 @ 16:01
    Milos Savara

I have added this setting but no working :(

<globalization culture="sk" uiCulture="sk-SK" requestEncoding="UTF-8" responseEncoding="UTF-8" />

Oct 09, 2011 @ 16:06
    Milos Savara

Omg. I'am stupid. Sorry Rodion, working with <globalization culture="en" uiCulture="en-US" requestEncoding="UTF-8" responseEncoding="UTF-8" />

Thank you very much. 

Oct 09, 2011 @ 16:10
    Milos Savara

second problem remain :( this is defined document types by system . this solution on second server working fine. Drop down is not empty

and this is in content - drop down is empty.

• Simon Smith 19 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 17:18
    Simon Smith

What nodes do you currently have in your content tree?

Oct 09, 2011 @ 17:19
    Milos Savara

Bussines starter kit.

• Simon Smith 19 posts 41 karma points
    Oct 09, 2011 @ 17:28
    Simon Smith

Ok, I've just done a clean install of the Business starter kit to check. By default, a lot of the 'Structure' information is missing. For example, you can't add any pages under the homepage. You'll need to go through each of the document types in the 'Settings' section and use the 'Structure' tab to specify what document types you would like to be able to add.

For example, the homepage doesn't allow any pages to be created beneath it, which might be a bit of an issue. You'd want to allow at least Textpage to be created below here. To do this, in the 'Settings' section you open the 'Document Types' node in the tree and select 'Homepage'. Then click on the 'Structure' tab and tick the box next to 'Textpage'. Click the save button. You should now be able to create Textpages directly within the 'Business Site' node in the 'Content' section.

Hope this solves your problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft