Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Max 144 posts 166 karma points
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 18:45
    Max

installing umbraco in iis problem and hosting problem

Hi i have developed an umbraco applicaiton locally using my web matrix,

i have uloaded the script into my hosting server in its IIS and sql server .

The  site is hosted properly but the Rich text editor is not showing properly  in google chrome and the tool bar as well in other browsers and i can add media images within the rich text editor as content and it does not save the image as well.

this is weird problem i am facing ..

do i have to install a fresh copy of umbraco there and copy and paste everything there or this is just a setting problem

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Oct 13, 2011 @ 19:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Max

Are you using WebMatrix to deploy your site from your local machine to the server?

Are you sure that the correct permissions have been set for network service and iusr on your server? Is it a server you control yourself or is it a hosting company that is in charge of it?

/Jan

• Max 144 posts 166 karma points
    Oct 14, 2011 @ 06:41
    Max

its a remote server given to me where i have uploaded the script by creating a virtual directory and application there to host it eveything works fine but i cant see content editor rich text editor and i cant add images or change contents , and toolbar etc i cant even see the umbraco logo and images in first page.

this is very painful to me.

maybe some ideas about permission would be useful

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft