Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• marcella 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 14, 2011 @ 05:24
    marcella

Is it possible to learn Umbraco without installing it locally on my PC?

I'd like to learn umbraco, but I'd like to know if it is possible to use it on a remote server, without installing anything on my computer. I'm a designer and only thinking about installation and SQL server discourage me a lot. I might need to pay for it. Any suggestion or similar experience?

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Oct 14, 2011 @ 08:37
    Rodion Novoselov

Hello and welcome. Sure, you can install umbraco on any hosting that's available to you. Many asp.net hosters support simplified umbraco installation with WebPI or something like this. You can google by e.g. 'umbraco hosting' to choose the one that can suit your needs.

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Oct 14, 2011 @ 09:08
    Jesper Hauge

Or you could try using Microsoft Webmatrix to run a an Umbraco website if you're on a windows platform.

Webmatrix is a free web code editor you can use for editing the content of a website, if you want. It will also download install, setup and run the umbraco website for you, without installing database servers and stuff like that. I've made a short screencast showing the process of starting a new Umbraco website with webmatrix, you can watch it here.

Regards
    Jesper Hauge 

• marcella 5 posts 25 karma points
    Oct 14, 2011 @ 09:35
    marcella

Thank you, I'll have a look atr Umbraco hosting and Webmatrix.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft