Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Phil 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 18:15
    Phil

Migrating to latest version

We currently have a web server which is running quite an old version of Umbraco (umbraco v 4.0.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3373.90)), running on Win2k3, and are migrating to a new environment, Win2k8 R2 and Umbraco version 

The website directories have been copied across to the new server, and the latest version of umbraco has been installed as part of the migration. However, when the website is navigated to in testing, we recieve an error - 

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Are there any steps that can be taken that resolve this?

• Nigel Wilson 945 posts 2077 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 19:09
    Nigel Wilson

Just a guess - is the application pool for the site set to the right version of ASP.NET - I assume you will be on ASP.NET 2.0 for umbraco 4.0.1

Nigel

• Giorgos Grispos 145 posts 179 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 19:11
    Giorgos Grispos

Hi Phil,

This sounds to me as either a web.config issue or a wrong permissions set up. Make sure you run .net 4 integrated with private application pool. Then you need to check the web.congif if it's ok and lastly but very very important set the correct permissions. Check the following post, I always do it like this and works fine for me and it's more secure installation though. I always use the IIS APPPOOL\{application-pool-name}

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

Cheers, Giorgos

• Phil 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 19, 2011 @ 16:24
    Phil

Hi guys, 

Many thanks for your replies! I've gone through and applied the script as mentioned above to set the correct permissions, and as far as I am aware the web config is all ok. I can confirm we are running asp.net 2 on the old web server for umbraco v4.0.1 - the new web server has been tried on both asp.net v4 and v2 but still the same error persists.

Could anyone shed some light as to where I may be going wrong or if there is a step I may be overlooking / missing?

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft