Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Ruiz 3 posts 23 karma points
    Oct 29, 2011 @ 01:04
    Jason Ruiz

Upgrade to Umbraco 4.5.2 from 4.0.2.1, umbraco administration not displaying correctly.

Hello,

I am in the process of upgrading (eventually) to 4.7.1, but taking the intermediate step to 4.5.2.  Our site works just fine, however when I log into the admin console, it does not display correctly and I can not get anything to function.  I have attached a screen shot.  Any thoughts?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 29, 2011 @ 10:13
    Rich Green

Hi,

Welcome to the Umbraco forum.

Did you check your Umbraco log table in the database?

If you hadn't just upgrading I would say it's a permissions issue, so you might want to check your permissions again.

Rich

Oct 31, 2011 @ 15:37
    Jason Ruiz

Thank you for the quick reply!  I'm very new to umbraco.  After looking into the database, this is what the log says...

At /umbraco/DependencyHandler.axd?s=L3VtYnJhY29fY2xpZW50L3VpL2pxdWVyeS5qczsvdW1icmFjb19jbGllbnQvc2Nyb2xsaW5nbWVudS9qYXZhc2NyaXB0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC9wYW5lbC9qYXZhc2NyaXB0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC91aS9kZWZhdWx0LmpzOy91bWJyYWNvX2NsaWVudC91aS9qcXVlcnl1aS5qczs%3d&t=Javascript&cdv=1 (Referred by: http://localhost:8080/umbraco/login.aspx?redir=/umbraco/): System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\<path to web root>\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency' is denied.     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)     at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj)     at ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeFileXmlMapper.EnsureXmlFile()     at ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeFileXmlMapper.Initialize()     at ClientDependency.Core.CompositeFiles.CompositeFileXmlMapper..cctor()

When I look for 'C:\<path to web root>\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency' the 'TEMP' folder is not there.  Should I have special permissions on the subfolders of my web directory?

Thanks!

Jason

Oct 31, 2011 @ 16:44
    Jason Ruiz

Well, I figured it out....on a Win7 box, the IUSR needs Full Access....which you probalby already knew.

Thanks!

Jason

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft