Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike 56 posts 88 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 16:02
    Mike

404 errors after migration

Hello, we are running Umbraco 4.7 and have migrated to a new server. I rechecked permissions on the server and everything is good. Both the new/old were the same IIS (7.5) and .NET 4.

After copying the site, everything looks fine from the user-end. However, when we create a new page and save/publish it shows a 404 error. If we save and preview, also a 404 error. The page will show up in the menu via macros, but it is not viewable. This error persists after republishing the entire site. This error can only be circumvented by copying an existing page and changing the content.

I'm not sure what else is safe to try. Can I delete everything inside App_Data?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 18:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Mike

How about the DB permissions? Did you also recheck those?

/Jan

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 02, 2011 @ 16:29
    Tim

Hi Mike,

It could be a permissions problem?, maybe the new server won't let the code write/modify to the umbraco.config file in app_data? Check the file permissions and see if they're OK.

• Mike 56 posts 88 karma points
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 18:49
    Mike

Finally figured this out. For some reason after the migration, templates were not being associated with a certain doctype. If you run into a 404 error in the future, take note that it may not be loading the proper template. Manually reassigning the template to the doctype then existing content pages fixed the issue.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 11:54
    Tim

@Mike,

Nice one! Glad you got it sorted :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft