Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• EdMarden 32 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 31, 2011 @ 20:08
    EdMarden

Issue with Examine and Library.MediaById after moving installation.

Hi All,

Having a bit of a strange problem after moving an Umbraco 4.7.1 site. 

It's all working as expected except for one line in a Razor macro which gets a media item, it's doing Library.MediaById(int) and it gets an exception on the production server of : "The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception."

I'm guessing that Examine isn't working correctly on this site. 
    The only reference I can find to this is: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/24343-'ExamineExamineManager'-threw-an-exception 

Does the app pool user really require access to the c:\windows\temp directory?

Thanks
    Ed.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Nov 01, 2011 @ 13:09
    Ismail Mayat

You probably need to rebuild your indexes use http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/examine-dashboard to rebuild the internal index which is what examine uses.

Regards

Isamil

Nov 01, 2011 @ 13:37
    EdMarden

Thanks Ismail,

I'll give that a try as soon as I can, the site's a bit busy at the moment!

Thanks,
    Ed.

Nov 03, 2011 @ 11:23
    EdMarden

Just to follow up on this, I tried to install the package and discovered that the entire packages branch wouldn't open.
    A quick poke around in the log later, and I found that this error was being thrown quite a lot:

Could not load type 'System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpModule' from assembly 'System.ServiceModel, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

aspnet_regiis.exe -iru and everything is peachy.

I'm still not convinced that was the original cause of the problem, but as it's all working now I'll leave it alone!

Thanks
    Ed.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft