Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Harout 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 03, 2011 @ 18:26
    Harout

Some content not showing after upgrade 4.6.1 to 4.7.1

I tried to find a similar issue but was not able to.

Would appreciate the all the help.

I am in the process of upgradeing from 4.61. to 4.7.1. I made a copy of the my prod site on a dev environment and followed the upgrade instructions.

I am able to get the full site working fine, front and back end except that some of the pages are not displaying the content for the same doc type.

for example, I have a doctype called fullwidthpage which has genereic properties and content properties. The generic properties are working fine byut the content property is not displaying on some of the pages. And this is where I am not able to solve the issue.

The page loads fine & all generic properties are there but the content does not show, When I enable debuging I see the following error:

Error rendering Item 4 (NodeId '' : mainContent).
    The relative virtual path '="' is not allowed here.
    at System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options)
    at System.Web.VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute(String virtualPath, String applicationPath)
    at umbraco.IO.IOHelper.ResolveUrl(String virtualPath)
    at umbraco.IO.IOHelper.ResolveUrlsFromTextString(String text)
    at umbraco.presentation.templateControls.ItemRenderer.Render(Item item, HtmlTextWriter writer)

This error happens only on the pages with same doc type where content does not show.

Thanks in advance if you can help me figuring out this issue.

Nov 04, 2011 @ 16:02
    Harout

Anyone can help me troubleshoot this please?

mainContent is the property on the doc type which contains the html content.

any hints on what could cause this?

• Damiaan 442 posts 1302 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 09, 2012 @ 18:33
    Damiaan

Have you found the solution to this problem?

Apr 09, 2012 @ 19:22
    Harout

If I remember correctly I updated all the DLL's from the version 4.7.1.1 and it started working.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft