Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 05, 2011 @ 15:07
    Tom

CWS contact form not working

I am assuming I am doing something wrong but just not sure what yet so any help is appreciated.

I am running a fairly fresh install version 4.7.1, and using CWS package as a skin. CWS has a contact form part which looks fairly simple to set up and I have set all the fields. I have set my smtp settings in the config.web and set the email address in the umbracosettings.config file. I thought that would be me set to send an email but when I try the contact form I get the following error.

"User not local; please try a different path. The server response was: Sender address is not valid for your login. Check your email program settings."

This appears to be possibly something to do with the from address not being the same as the address I am sending from but I have set all of the above up with only one address.

As I said any help or advice is appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 05, 2011 @ 16:23
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tom

Are you sure you're allowed to be using the SMTP host that you have configured in the web.config file? Sounds like it's restricted to only accept a specific domain in the e-mail address maybe?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft