Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johnnie Brown 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 06, 2011 @ 03:36
    Johnnie Brown

deployment not working on hostgator

This is my first attempt to use umbraco, was using DNN for mutiple sites I host, wanted something lighter and more flexible for what I'm doing. I like it so far, but am having issues deploying my first site to a new host company. I've deployed it to hostgator, setup the db connection, modified all the folder permissions as i've seen mentioned, turned medium trust to true, but when it loads a page, I get for items that use xslt: Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt. When I go into the management site for umbraco, and open up an xslt file, click save and when it tried to parse it, I get the following:

PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl()
    at umbraco.macro.b__4()
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem)
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions()
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

The site is using an SQL Server 2008 r2 database, I never messed with CE, so I'm not sure what to do, I've searched and searched for the last two days trying to resolve this. Any help would be appreciated.

Johnnie

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 06, 2011 @ 15:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johnnie

How did you do the deploy from your local environment to your host?

If all XSLT files are failing it's usually because there is some xslt extensions that have not been declared in the xsltExtensions.config file in the config folder - are there any difference in this file from your local to your hosting environment?

/Jan

Nov 07, 2011 @ 02:14
    Johnnie Brown

The deployment was via ftp ing all of the files.  the xslt files won't compile on the deployed hosting server, all of the files are on a sub directory off my main directory.  I went through and set all of the folders and children file permissions, that allowed the site to come up and for me to get into the editor for umbraco, but the xslt files don't work, any of them.  the file umbTopNavigation.xslt has never been modified. 

Nov 07, 2011 @ 16:54
    Johnnie Brown

I got it figured out, ended up needing to remove some additional DLL's from the bin folder.  I did a straight deployment for a new site and ran through the install and then compared the bin folders.  Once I removed the extra items, site runs fine.

Johnnie

• Greg Mattison 40 posts 60 karma points
    Jan 23, 2012 @ 23:41
    Greg Mattison

Hi, I just deployed a site to a new shared HostGator hosting environment and am getting the similar XSLT parsing errors:

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt error

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\u.mediaSliderImages.xslt

Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\umb2ndLevelNavigation.xslt

I've checked permissions on folders and I think they're all correct. Since it's a shared hosting, they said they can't set the IIS application pool to Integrated. Is that the problem and is there anyway around that?  They said the "app pool on windows shared hosting uses the user method as it uses the IISusers."

Most of the site comes up, I can see pages and content but nothing that's XSLT driven is working.

Can anyone help?

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Jan 24, 2012 @ 00:03
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Greg,

Can you go into the back office and save one of the XSLT files? Does it generate any error messages?

If saving the files works fine, you could get a more detailed error message by enabling debugging & by appending "?umbdebugshowtrace=true" to the end of the url of a page that has XSLT parse errors. If all is well you should see a stack trace if you scroll down the page, with a red error message.

Grtz

L

Jan 24, 2012 @ 00:41
    Greg Mattison

Thanks Lennart, I edited a XSLT page and clicked save but is says the XSLT file cannot be saved, no error of any type.  Ideas?  Thanks for your help!

Jan 24, 2012 @ 09:01
    Lennart Stoop

Does sound like a permission issue, does iisusrs have write permissions on the XSLT folder?

You might want to try my second suggestion and see if you can find a detailed error message in the stack trace.

Jan 24, 2012 @ 17:20
    Greg Mattison

Made some permissions updates and still getting the error, which you can see here www.americanbottoms.com.  I tried saving an XSLT file again and now it said Saving XSLT File Failed and here's the error code in Umbraco:

Error occured

System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed. 
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) 
    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) 
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() 
    at umbraco.macro.b__4() 
    at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) 
    at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() 
    at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions() 
    at umbraco.presentation.webservices.codeEditorSave.SaveXslt(String fileName, String oldName, String fileContents, Boolean ignoreDebugging)

Jan 24, 2012 @ 19:47
    Lennart Stoop

Well, those security errors are usually related to either the app pool identity (from what I read its best to have it run under network service, but I'm not sure if its possible for your hosting provider to change this setting) or because the app is running in medium trust. Can you verify if your app is running in medium or full trust?

Jan 24, 2012 @ 20:15
    Greg Mattison

Yeah, as it's a shared hosting with HostGator, we have very little control over the app pool.  I do not believe it's able to run under Network Service.  Is it possible to get the site running with Umbraco if it's not Network Service identity?  From what I can tell in the control panel, it appears to be full trust, but again not sure since we have less control over that stuff.  

In addition, here's a stack trace view if that helps - see below the site the stack trace.  Appears to point to the same issue(s) but thought I'd send it to you - http://www.americanbottoms.com/?umbdebugshowtrace=true

Jan 24, 2012 @ 20:55
    Greg Mattison

Thank you for all your help.  We figured out that it was an issue with SQL CE, which is what we get in the HostGator shared environment.  We deleted the SQL CE dll from the Bin directory and it's good to go.  Thanks again and hope all this helps the next person to run into this issue. 

Jan 24, 2012 @ 22:26
    Lennart Stoop

Makes sense, but I would figure the security issue would just reoccur in another DLL if you would remove the SQL CE one.

Good to hear you got it solved though, and yes, next person will be better off reading this!

Grtz

L

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 28, 2012 @ 00:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Greg

Just to chip in - Have you double checked that the xsltExtensions.config file are identical in your local environment and on the server? If a reference is missing in here it can also create havoc.

Just my 2 cents.

All the best.

/Jan

• Pagggy 28 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 17, 2012 @ 21:28
    Pagggy

Hi Jothi,
    which dlls have you removed?
    as i am having same issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft