Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Cahill 3 posts 0 karma points
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 19:20
    Chris Cahill

Unable to access anything!

I just installed umbraco and everytime i try to access it (umbraco.breckyoungmemorial.com/umbraco/default.aspx) it throws an error saying "Connection Interrupted" Any ideas?

• Lee Kelleher 4024 posts 15833 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 25, 2009 @ 21:02
    Lee Kelleher

Hey Chris,

I tried to connect to the URL you provided, but it took a long time to serve up the page.

http://umbraco.breckyoungmemorial.com/umbraco/umbraco.aspx

Try doing a trace-route on your domain to see if there are any connection problems between you and your web-server/hosting. (If you are on Windows, do this from a command prompt: Start > Run > "cmd")

tracert umbraco.breckyoungmemorial.com

If it times out, then it could be a problem with your web-server/hosting?

But saying that, it could be something else? Are you having problems with other websites? If so, then try temporarily disabling your anti-virus to see if that is interferring in any way.

Good luck.

Cheers,

- Lee

Jun 26, 2009 @ 16:55
    Chris Cahill

I just ran the Trace Route, and it connected like it should. I've never had this problem with the other 2 sites running on the server.

• Lee Kelleher 4024 posts 15833 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 26, 2009 @ 17:10
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Chris,

I tried googling around for "Connection Interrupted" - but couldn't find anything solid. There were a lot of issues about Firefox throwing that error. (Are you using Firefox?)

If so, you could try using a different browser, (e.g. IE or Chrome), and see if that makes any difference?

Cheers,

- Lee

Jun 29, 2009 @ 16:10
    Chris Cahill

I have tried the site in IE and Firefox, and on 2 different computers. Still nothing. I think im gonna reinstall it and see what that does.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft