Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Guido 9 posts 29 karma points
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 17:06
    Guido

Medium Trust , SQL CE , Umbraco

Hi , i've to instal umbraco 4.7.1 in a Shared Hosting with Mdium Trust Enabled .

The installation start , but when i've to install SQL CE it fails.

The hosting service say that i've to recompile the System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll in medium trust ..it's true? 

How can be done?

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 20:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Guido

Are you sure the host supports installing Umbraco? If so does it then help if you go to the web.config file and change this

<add key="umbracoUseMediumTrust" value="false" /> to true before you start the installation?

/Jan

Nov 12, 2011 @ 17:55
    Guido

the real problem is howo to compile  System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll for the Medium Trust , the host supports the umbraco installation with the Medium Trust configuration .

Nov 15, 2011 @ 09:57
    Guido

SQLCE4Umbraco.dll , maybe its the real problem ............... but there isnt a downlodable version of umbraco for medium trust or Shared Hosting service?

Thanks.

• Pagggy 28 posts 71 karma points
    Mar 17, 2012 @ 10:32
    Pagggy

hey did you managed to fix this issue?

i am having same problem

• Jeroen Stemerdink 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 10:37
    Jeroen Stemerdink

Hi,

I have had the same problem and fixed it yesterday, finally. These are the steps i took.

• Download the Umbraco source.
    • Donwload the latest version of "SQL Server Compact Edition", if you don't have it installed already.
    • In the "\foreign dlls\SQLCE4" directory replace the files with the ones found in the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v4.0\Private" directory.
    • In the "\foreign dlls\SQLCE4" directory replace the "System.Data.SqlServerCe.dll" with the one found in de desktop folder from SQLCE, found in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v4.0\Desktop", this is the version that will work in medium trust.
    • Rebuild Umbraco.
    • Copy the dll's from the "\components\SQLCE4Umbraco\bin" directory to your project bin, replacing the ones from the original project.
    • Copy the dll's from the "\foreign dlls\SQLCE4" directory to the project bin.

This worked for me, hope it will for you too.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft