Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sah302 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 17:29
    sah302

Has anyone successfully installed 4.7.1 into a virtual directory?

I can't create a new website for my installation so I must install it as a virtual directory application, but everytime I try and install it into a virtual directory it never works, When I load the simple site starter kite it always displays:

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt

And no styles load.

Browsing to the \xslt\ shows me the folder is empty.

Everything is configured fine on the server. IUSR and Network Service have full control of the directory which I have stored in C:\apps\Umbraco. The virtual directory is configured as an application using an app pool which has .NET 4.0 Integrated and the identity is set to network service.

It is really disheartening such a mature product can't support an extremely common configuration. I installed Umbraco about a year ago into a virtual directory and can't remember ever having such difficulities.

• sah302 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 10, 2011 @ 19:29
    sah302

Well I partially fixed this problem first I changed the C:\apps\ folder to UmbracoTest, then I did a fresh install and chose NO starter kit, after I completed installation I installed the starter kit from developer admin menu. I saw then that umbraco created an UmbracoTest folder inside my UmbracoTest folder that had the css/fonts/images/masterpages/scripts/xslt folders. So I copied those to the root of the application instead. This removed the Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt problem and the site content actually loaded, however no styles or images were loading. I see this is because they are referring to the root of the my site instead of the root of the app for all scripts/styles/images.

I tried the same thing without a virtual directory, but just making it a sub directory on my site. Still same thing.

Am I assume that Umbraco does not support virtual or sub directory installations?? 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft