Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Officer 18 posts 39 karma points
    Nov 13, 2011 @ 05:55
    Tim Officer

Has anyone succesfully installed Umbraco 4.7 on Go Daddy?

I am trying to get Umbraco 4.7 installed on my Go daddy plan but I'm running into issues.

In Go Daddy I created a sub directory where I uploaded the Umbraco installation.

I set this folder as the Application Root.

I also set the Permissions to Read and Write on that folder.

In my web.config I added this line:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=cmsumbracouser.db.7026427.hostedresource.com;database=CMSUmbracoUser;user id=CMSUmbracoUser;password=Officer20!!;" />

The info is right from the Godaddy admin.

I also set useMediumTrust=true

Is there something I am missing? I have also tried to connect to my godaddy db locally....no luck:(

Also if anyone has any experience restoring a database using a .bak file in godaddy any help with that would be appreciated too.

I tried searching the forums and found lots of stuff but none of it seemed to work me, what am I missing?

• mike 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 14, 2011 @ 16:15
    mike

i had no problems getting the installation to run and i can get into the back-end, but i get 404 errors when i try to pull up content (see my post - http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/25808-404-error-after-fresh-install-and-publish).

if you look at your connection strings, godaddy gives you 3 of them i think, try the other ones.  the first one i tried during the install process did not work, but one of the others did.

godaddy will also not allow you to access the DB externally unless you select that option when you create the DB at the outset.  there is no way to change this setting (that i have been able to find) after the DB is created.

if you do create the DB with external access enabled, you should be able to use SQL Server Management Studio to restore and tweak anything you need in the DB with relative ease.  otherwise, you have to use the phpadmin thing which is probably a lot less user-friendly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft