Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• kaalen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Nov 16, 2011 @ 22:44
    kaalen

Console won't load properly

I initially installed umbraco with the web installer. I now moved the installation to IIS and I have an interesting problem. The frontend (the website) loads perfectly fine while the backend (console) looks broken when it loads.

You can see a screenshot of it here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/vRe4Xkv4ko2SSLag3Wx5qiBRoYMsqpq88bBN-_thqM4?feat=directlink

Can someone please give me a hint on how to fix this please. I tried various settings in IIS which either completely broke the site or produced the same result, I made sure that the web.config file is the same (apart from my custom configuration) as the vanilla site.

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 07:38
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. There's definitely something wrong with CSS/JavaScript.

First of all a traditional recomendation is to validate permissions of the site's file system.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:16
    Tim

Hi @Kaalen,

When you move an installation of umbraco, you need to delete the contents of the /App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency folder. The files that ClientDependency generates are path specific, so if you move it, the dependency files point to the wrong place and the back office UI breaks as a result! Its also worth updating the version number by one in the clientDependency.config file in the /config/ folder as well.

Try deleting those files and updating the version number to see if that sorts out your problem!

• kaalen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 23:54
    kaalen

Hi Tim,

sorry for late reply. I gave up in the mean time and have just found your post. Fixed my problem! Thank you so much

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft