Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 13:07
    Stephen

Hide site on live

My site is ready and migrated to live and all working but is there a way i can hide the public side until my client has managed to add his content?

Many thanks,

S

• Hundebol 167 posts 314 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 13:30
    Hundebol

Hi Stephen,

Make another (blank) template with some "Welcome, we are soon ready to open here, check back soon"-text.

Choose this template on your frontpage-node. Then, when people visit, they do not see the "real" site, but they do not get an error message or umbraco message either.

best regards,
    Brian 

• Stephen 204 posts 246 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 13:59
    Stephen

thanks Brian, just what i was after...

• Mike Taylor 155 posts 353 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 14:28
    Mike Taylor

This will only hide your home page - all other pages would still be viewable (albeit only by guessing the URLs).

If you right-click on the Home node, and choose "Public access", you can protect access to the whole site (it cascades down from the Home node). You would also need to make sure you have a login node somewhere with a standard ASP.NET login control on it, and choose that page as the "Login page" and "Error page" in the "Public access" dialog.

NB This may not be the best approach if your site already has protected content areas, but it's worked fine for me.

Mike

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 14:46
    Jeroen Breuer

This topic might also have some good suggestions: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/24016-Under-construction-page.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft