Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sbotros 4 posts 30 karma points
    Jun 30, 2009 @ 03:52
    sbotros

Exporting Macros

Hello,

I want to export macros from my dev box to the web.  Is it safe to export the data from the the three cmsMacro tables (<span style="font-size: x-small;">cmsMacro</span><span style="color: #808080; font-size: x-small;"><span style="color: #808080; font-size: x-small;">,</span></span><span style="font-size: x-small;"> cmsMacroProperty</span><span style="color: #808080; font-size: x-small;"><span style="color: #808080; font-size: x-small;"> and</span></span><span style="font-size: x-small;"> cmsMacroPropertyType) straight into my web database?</span>

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12898 karma points MVP 2x
    Jun 30, 2009 @ 08:47
    Richard Soeteman

Hi,

I would use the packager for that. Go to the developer section -> Packages -> Right click -> Create fill in the properties -> select the macro's you want to export -> Select the files(xslt/usercontrol) associated with the Macro.

When you hit save and publish you can download the package which you can import on your live box.

Hope this helps you,

Richard

• sbotros 4 posts 30 karma points
    Jul 13, 2009 @ 04:21
    sbotros

Great, thanks for that.

Is this potentially a way to migrate a whole website? Because when creating a package there is option to pick a content node and include children, so if I pick the root and include all children, and then tick all the macros, stylesheets, template, doctypes etc. etc. am I effectively migrating the whole website?  Or is there a limitation I should be careful of?  If it is, then why umbraco.courier on umbraco.pro?

Cheers,
    Sheriff

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft