Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Almir Vereget 62 posts 150 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 14:35
    Almir Vereget

Domain problem when deploying on Azure using accelerator

Hello everyone,

after few initial problems which we managed to solve, there is one left.

We can have only domain.com address, because when pointing to a server using www.domain.com we're getting accelerator page, not umbraco.

So, question is - is there any way of having umbraco serving multiple domains (I will need different domains also soon) and with and without "www" for a single domain on a single deployment of Umbraco.

Thank you in advance!

Nov 24, 2011 @ 09:36
    Almir Vereget

Any help guys? Still unable to resolve a problem and deadline is looming. :(

• Morten Christensen 596 posts 2773 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 09:47
    Morten Christensen

Hi Almir,

If the domain issue is only regarding domain.com with and without www then I would make sure to use www.domain.com when setting up the site in azure and the use dns to forward non-www domain.com to www.domain.com. But that being said you would run into an issue with Umbraco on Azure if you wanted to add blog.domain.com to that same site. The reason being that the Accelerator uses the name of the folder (under sites in your blob storage) as binding for the site, which is automatically generated on your Azure instances. This poses some limitations, which I created a workaround for.
    In order to use the workaround you will have to add some code to the web role of the accelerator, which is explained here:

http://waacceleratorumbraco.codeplex.com/discussions/254223

Hope it helps

- Morten

Nov 25, 2011 @ 13:41
    Almir Vereget

Thank you for your answer Morten! We had to do some minor modifications to your solution due to different versions of accelerator, but your example was what we needed to get started.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft