Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brent Jubinville 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 22:09
    Brent Jubinville

Subdomain resolving temporarily only

Hello,

I've got an Umbraco 4.5.2 instance running on IIS 7.5, WIN2K8 R2.

From the root node I have 4 "sites", 3 of which are subdomains:

Node 1: domain.com

Node 2: sub1.domain.com

Node 3: sub2.domain.com

Node 4: sub3.domain.com

The site has been running like this for over a year and I recently tried to add a 5th node, ensuring the host header is set up in IIS, and the hostname is configured in Umbraco. When I publish the site, everything resolves properly and the content for that site is shown for about 30 seconds or so.  After that, I get the content for "domain.com".

If I reload the nodes in the Content pane, Link To Document is set to # for all pages on the 5th "site".

I'm completely baffled by this, and hope I'm just missing something.  I can't think of why it would work for a short period of time and then stop working.  I've tried disabling the XML cache to see if that helps, but no luck.

Any thoughts?  Thank you.

• Maxemilian Hilbrand 13 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 16:21
    Maxemilian Hilbrand

Brent,

I think you might have a configuration problem. Are these web sites completely separated? Do you use unique databases, or is it possible that one of the databases is shared among two (sub)domains? Are you using dedicated application pools for the web sites, or do you share one application pool?

Anyhow, Umbraco is a multi site CMS environment. Why don't you use different root nodes and set host names within Umbraco? You will also have to create the host names in IIS (add additional host names within the Bindings dialog). To define host names in Umbraco, just right-click the first node in Umbraco and "Manage host names".

Maxemilian

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft