Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew Scott 8 posts 28 karma points
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 19:18
    Matthew Scott

Umbraco Installation Problem, no images or css on installation guide pages

I have come across an issue with Umbraco I have never seen before! I have installed a clean build of Umbraco on to a shared web host and when I go to the url for my website the installation is there but all the links and image/ css references are broken. After investigating the links seem to be doing the below...

MYWEBSITE/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/../umbraco_client/installer/images/img09.jpg

Has anyone came across this issue before any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have already tried removing the adobe air reference in the web.congif unsuccessfully.

Thanks in advance

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Nov 25, 2011 @ 19:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

I suppose it's a v4.7.1 you're installing?

Check if the permissions have been set correctly for network service and iusr and that the application pool is running in integrated mode.

If these are set correctly then try deleting the clientdependency temp files found i /App_Data/TEMP/clientdependency to see if that works wonders.

If you don't have access to some kind of control panel where you can check the above settings I think you need to contact the hosting company and tell them about your issue and see if they can help you out.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Nov 26, 2011 @ 01:42
    Matthew Scott

Wow! Thanks for the quick reply, I will try all of those things and post the results. I do have a control panel but it is limited in its functionaility, it may be if the above suggestions do not work I will contact the hosting company.

Thanks Again...

Nov 26, 2011 @ 01:43
    Matthew Scott

Sorry it is v4.7.1

Nov 26, 2011 @ 09:01
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matthew

You're very welcome :) - I hope it heps and I'm looking forward to hear from you. What is the name of the web host you're installing on?

/Jan

Nov 27, 2011 @ 19:46
    Matthew Scott

Hi Jan,

The web hosting company is Daily (http://www.daily.co.uk/) I have opened a support ticket with them and am still waiting for a response to the above suggestion you have made. As soon as i hear from them I will post the updates and we can go from there.

Thanks again for your support, I am really impressed with the Umbraco forum so far, I have been working with Umbraco for a little while now and have yet to contribute to any forums so hopefully this will be the start of many posts.

Thanks!

Dec 12, 2011 @ 20:41
    Matthew Scott

Hi,

Just a quick update, I have managed to install umbraco on the live server however when I log in all images are broken and the css is not displaying properly.

Thanks,
    Matt

Dec 13, 2011 @ 21:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Matt

Good to hear you managed to get up and running.

Try deleting the ClientDependency folder in the App_Data/TEMP/ folder and see if that works?

Otherwise ensure that the app pool is running in integrated mode.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 14, 2011 @ 19:33
    Matthew Scott

Hi Jan,

Thanks for getting back to me, in answer to you previous questions...

Check if the permissions have been set correctly for network service and iusr and that the application pool is running in integrated mode.

The hosting company replied...

What permissions are needed for this application? We run at medium trust level on the Windows platform.

I will try your above suggestions also.

Thanks Again,

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft