Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dborovsky 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:00
    dborovsky

problem with conected DB Sql 2008

Hello, people. 

I use IIS. Please, help me. I install umbraco and ask me add username and password for my DB sql server 2008. And i dont know and i dont create username and pass. Whe me found? Every time show: conected failed. Please help! 

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 10:16
    Michael Latouche

Hello,

I'm not sure we can help you a lot in this case. What you need to know is the user name and pwd of the SQL DB user allowed to create and modify the database for your site. So I guess the best persons to ask this to is your DB admin, or your hosting provider.

Cheers,

Michael.

Nov 28, 2011 @ 11:50
    dborovsky

I work in localhost with IIS. And how me create username for DB?

Nov 28, 2011 @ 11:54
    Michael Latouche

Hello,

localhost and IIS refer to the web server, not the database server. If you don't have a DB server yet, I guess what you can do is download Microsoft SQL Express. From there you will be able to creat DB users and databases.

Cheers,

Michael.

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 12:21
    Rajeev

Hope this may help

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup

Thanks,

Rajeev

Nov 28, 2011 @ 12:47
    dborovsky

I undestand. I have sql server 2008 and i create data base in sql server. I cant undestand how me create username? Or how found username in sql server?

• Pankaj Sharma 11 posts 51 karma points
    Nov 28, 2011 @ 13:11
    Pankaj Sharma

Hi  you must logged on as  Administrator

Hope this help  

http://hodentekhelp.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-do-i-create-new-login-for-sql.html

cheers

Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:05
    dborovsky

Do the following:

To create a SQL Server login that uses SQL Server Authentication (SQL Server Management Studio)

1. In SQL Server Management Studio, open Object Explorer and expand the folder of the server instance in which to create the new login.

2. Right-click the Security folder, point to New, and then click Login.

3. On the General page, enter a name for the new login in the Login name box.

4. Select SQL Server Authentication. Windows Authentication is the more secure option.

5. Enter a password for the login.

6. Select the password policy options that should be applied to the new login. In general, enforcing password policy is the more secure option.

7. Click OK.

I ceate login admin with password 123. I open sql managment studio and add this login and password and every time show error: "Login failed for user admin". Why? I cant undestand. Help please

Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:09
    dborovsky

Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:26
    Michael Latouche

Hello,

I am not quite sure I understand what you are trying to do. From the screenshot, it seems that you are trying to connect to DIMA-PC\SQLEXPRESSE, but if I wsee correctly in the left frame, you already have it open, so I don't understand why you are trying to open it a second time. Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Michael.

Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:52
    dborovsky

Ok. Tell me easy how connect to my date base? I have login admin and pass 123. I 3 days try. Nothing not work! How me?

Nov 28, 2011 @ 14:58
    dborovsky

Now without DIMA-PC\SQLEXPRESSE. Tell me easy, how connect to my date base? I create login admin and pass 123. I 3 days try. Nothing not work! How me?

Nov 28, 2011 @ 16:09
    Michael Latouche

Hello,

Normally when you install you SQL server instance, you need to define that you want "mixed logins" (so, not only Windows accounts, but also DB specific users) and then you are asked to define the "sa" user password. This is the "super admin" that can do everything.

Then, in MS SQL Express, you can create new database users, for example "admin" with password "123". You also need to define what that user is allowed to do in the security/roles tabs db owner, db writer, etc.

Once this is done, you should be able to connect to the database server with the "admin" user. I think you need to specify, in the login screen, if you work with windows users or DB users, but I am not sure (I don't have SQL Server here, I will have to look at home later).

Anyway, you should then gain access to the database server.

What I still do not understand, is that it seems that you do get access to the server, since it appears on the left side. How did you get that part open? Did you use another (windows?) account? Did you try to close that connection and re-open it with the admin user only?

Cheers,

Michael.

• Rajeev 126 posts 154 karma points
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 02:33
    Rajeev

Check the SQL Error log to know the exact reason for login failure and trouble shoot.

By default the SQL error log is found here.

Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.n\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG opening that in a text editor.

You can identify the reason for this error by checking the error state. You can find the error state in the below link..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366351.aspx

Thanks,

Rajeev

• Pankaj Sharma 11 posts 51 karma points
    Nov 29, 2011 @ 06:32
    Pankaj Sharma

Hi,

first create a new user name password,Now either disconnect from SQL or  close it,Open it again & enter your new uid/pass.

You can also ask these questions  at  stackoverflow.com  or  asp.net  forum.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft