Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• quolo 13 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 30, 2009 @ 19:38
    quolo

Null Object errors on Document Types, Macros, & Media Types only

I've got a test system and a live system on two entirely separate servers, with Courier synching between them.  Just a couple weeks ago, I upgraded both from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2.1.  The test system is Windows Server 2007 SP1/IIS 6/.NET 3.5 SP1.  The live system is Windows 2003 SP2/IIS 5/.NET 3.5 SP1.  Both systems are showing the same behavior.

All I've done since both sites were working just fine is the upgrade to 4.0.2.1, change the Courier config file access permissions, and create a couple content items and transfer them back and forth using Courier.  While my end-user facing site is fine and all the content items can be changed, created, etc., there are three types of items in the admin utility that don't work:  Macros, Document Types, and Media Types.  The Event Viewer on each server shows <span lang="EN"></span>

NullReferenceException

Stack trace: at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Is this related to any third-party packages or something like that?  I've got a few I'm using, including RabidEmbed, RelatedMedia, XSLT Search, and Feguson Moriyama Place.

I rechecked folder permissions and all seems to be well.  I've been banging my head on it for a while now.  Any ideas?

• quolo 13 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 02, 2009 @ 15:48
    quolo

I finally resolved this issue.  I'm not sure how it happened, but I had to re-download 4.0.2.1 and copy over the files again.  I guess something was simply missing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft