Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• fed 199 posts 70 karma points
    Jul 01, 2009 @ 09:09
    fed

strange iis application pool issue..

Our server is win 2003 and IIS6 the site is set to run ASP.net 2.0, umbraco version 4.0.2.1

We have a got an umbracosolution we are currently working on in an applicationpool..it is the only site in this specific pool and is limited to use 900mb..

This only happens occasionaly, yesterday afternoon we weren't able to access the server via RDP because the process peaks CPU and completely freezes our server for about 15-20 mins.. and it happens completely random.. the day before yesterday we had the same issue, but it happened just before lunch.. and when we were back from lunch it was working again, so we didn't put any effort into solving it :)

When looking in the eventlogs it seems the applicationpool reaches maximum allowed memory and then recycles itself every other minute and this must be why the server freezes..

I looked through the umbracoLog and apart from the usual "application started" and occasional "Item has already been added" (btw, anybody have a solution for it?) over the last two days I found over 6000 entries regarding Sitemap-provider looking like this:

Error adding to SiteMapProvider: System.Web.HttpException: 'http://xxx.xxx.se/sv/path/path' is not a valid virtual path.     at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.CheckValidVirtualPath(String path)     at System.Web.Util.UrlPath.Combine(String appPath, String basepath, String relative)     at System.Web.StaticSiteMapProvider.AddNode(SiteMapNode node, SiteMapNode parentNode)     at umbraco.presentation.nodeFactory.UmbracoSiteMapProvider.loadNodes(String parentId, SiteMapNode parentNode)

Could the Sitemapprovider be the problem in this case or could it be something else I haven't thoguht about?

I guess I can just remove the Sitemapprovider from the web.config right? But still I'd like to know if others have had the same problems..

Jul 01, 2009 @ 09:46
    fed

Seems I couldn't disable the sitemapprovider after all. I thought it wasn't used in umbraco backend, but it was receiving exception on save etc :)

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 11:44
    Roel Snetselaar

Is this a default Umbraco installation or do you also have any packages installed or did you do some customizations yourself? You probably have a memory leak somewhere. Did you try running the site without the memory limitation? So IIS can handle the memory itself? If you do have a memory leak you will need to look into this and solve it eventually.

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Jul 03, 2009 @ 11:48
    Roel Snetselaar

btw try looking into any sqldatareaders which are used, they are quite likely to contain memoryleaks when not properly closed.

Jul 03, 2009 @ 12:13
    fed

It's a clean install with a couple of XSLTExtensions, RESTExtensions and multiple file upload, the extensions is only using the umbraco API.. I am not using any custom tables or reading from MSSQL in any way..will try debugging the memorydump after lunch, getting hungry... thanks

Jul 03, 2009 @ 16:27
    fed

It was an issue with ImageGen, updated to 2.2.1 and it worked fine.. somehow the cache didn't work as it should.. Haven't had time to investigate it further.. time for vacation :)

• Tony H 52 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:04
    Tony H

Hi, I have a similar problem - where do I find ImageGen 2.2.1 or later? http://www.percipientstudios.com just seem to have 2.0.1 which I already use.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:07
    Peter Dijksterhuis

You can find the latest version of ImageGen here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/imagegen

• Tony H 52 posts 69 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 11:25
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft