Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• A Riley 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 16:28
    A Riley

Installing Web References

Trying to install a web service into Umbraco; it is working in a simple web application. The steps that I've taken:

1) created a web user control to wrap up the functionality (basically calls remote web service to produce a gridview)

2) copied the `UmbracoTest` project .dll from my bin folder over to umbraco's bin folder (has worked for other macros in umbraco so far)

3) copied the Web References folder over to root of the umbraco installation

4) added in the web.config settings that are created when you add in the web reference as:

<configSections>
      <sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >
       <section name="UmbracoTest.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
      </sectionGroup>
     </configSections>

<applicationSettings>
            <UmbracoTest.Properties.Settings>
                <setting name="UmbracoTest_MasterProductSystem_MasterProductServices"
                    serializeAs="String">
                    <value>http://someurl.com/webservice.asmx</value>;
                </setting>
            </UmbracoTest.Properties.Settings>
        </applicationSettings>

When I go to the page that has the macro it fails trying to load (System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at UmbracoTest.usercontrols.Products.LoadPage()). I know that the page works so it must be something else. Any thoughts on how to install or debug the webservice?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft