Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Markj 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 02:10
    Markj

Keeping the index.html showing whilist allowing a client to populate Umbraco?

Hi, I have a website that needs to be populated using Umbraco. I have installed and setup Umbraco but what I was hoping was that I could keep the clients .html splash screen up and allow them to directly login and populate the database via the Umbraco CMS.

Once the data was populated I would remove the index.html page and there would be the new default.aspx page complete with content.

The issue I am having is that as soon as I upload the web.config the index.html is automatically redirected to the non-populate page.

How can I keep my index.html as the main splash screen until I am ready to launch?

Thanks

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 08:36
    Daniel Bardi

You need to prioritize the index.html as the default page in IIS for the site.

Hope this helps. 

• Nirmala 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 15, 2018 @ 06:48
    Nirmala

I had prioritized index.html in IIS but still no luck.can anyone tell me the solution or else redirect me to correct way.

• Daniel Bardi 927 posts 2562 karma points
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 08:40
    Daniel Bardi

You could also recreate the index page in Umbraco as the root node and let the users create the site under a secondary root node.

When the site is ready, set the domain to second root node and remove the first root node. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft