Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Jul 01, 2009 @ 13:44
    Greg Berlin

Missing Packages Nodes in Newly upgraded site

I've just upgraded a site locally to version 4, and it seems there's something wrong with the Packages node in the Developer section - I cannot expand it.

Any ideas why this is happening?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 01, 2009 @ 14:31
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Greg,

First things to verify:

- Do you have a /data/packages folder. Are there any subfolders /created and/or /installed? If so, check next item

- Permissions settings ok on the umbraco folders? Lots of issues arise from upgrades where permissions are set incorrectly (due to several different reasons)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jul 01, 2009 @ 14:37
    Greg Berlin

hey Dirk,

Thanks for that... There was originally no packages folder, but I recreated that before reading your post.  After reading your post I copied across the /created and /installed folders and files from another installation, and edited the files so that they're not listing any packages.

I also checked the permissions and all are fine.  I was hoping this would fix it, but still no go.  :(

Jul 05, 2009 @ 08:20
    Greg Berlin

Yaaaay I've fixed it... did a full Diff on my site against fresh Umbraco package folder, copied across a few files, cleaned up web config, and voila - all sorted.

Here's my full upgrade file copy list in case anybody else has the same problem (might save you doing a full diff yourself):

- /bin
    - /install
    - /umbraco
    - /umbraco_client
    - /App_Browsers (new folder)
    - /config/splashes/NoNodes.aspx
    - /config/splahes/worker.png (new file)
    - /config/tinyMceConfig.config
    - /config/umbracoSettings.config (then change error404 tag to xxxx - custom 404 page)
    - /config/xsltExtensions.config
    - /data/vistadb (new folder)
    - /masterpages (new folder)

I'm not really sure which file/s in the above list caused this issue, but pretty sure something here is what fixed it. :)

Jul 05, 2009 @ 08:28
    Greg Berlin

hmmm... seems i can't mark the topic as 'solved' without ticking somebody else's answer - which is not exactly what was the solution to the problem.  can somebody else tick my answer, or can only the person who started the topic mark it as solved?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 05, 2009 @ 09:05
    Niels Hartvig

Only the person who started the topic can mark it solved and only a 3rd person can be creditted (to avoid misuse of the system). I guess we should give moderators access to marking topics solved :)

Jul 05, 2009 @ 11:20
    Greg Berlin

yup that'd be a good idea niels.

ps: u just got credited with solving this topic - well done ;)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft