Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 13:59
    Ansar

How many maximum number of websites in one Umbraco install?

We are converting one custom build.NET CMS to Umbraco and planning to use one install for all our clients running the website..  Currently there are 30 clients and we expect this to grow..

Is there any benchmark on maximum number of websites in one Umbraco install and is there any performance or any other kind issues that can come if we go with one instance approach...

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 14:06
    Dan Diplo

I don't have any inside knowledge on this, but I'd guess that performance is more down to the number of nodes you have, what macros you are running and your cacheing strategy. I don't think the number of sites per se is any issue (but I'm guessing, so don't take this as gospel!). For instance, you might have one Umbraco instance with 30 sites, but each site only has a few pages. Compare this with an Umbaco instance with one site but thousands of pages... I'd imagine the latter would have more issues with performance.

However, we know Umbraco powers some big sites so I think as long as you are sensible and have the right infrastrure you should be OK.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft