Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim Officer 18 posts 39 karma points
    Dec 09, 2011 @ 23:58
    Tim Officer

deployed Umbraco on discountasp.net, admin works, but nothing else does

I am developing my Umbraco site in VS 2010 with uSitebuilder. I published my files and then FTP'd everything to my site on discountaspt.net at the root directory. There I have an SQL 2008 db, with IIS7, set to .net 4.0. I have my connection string set up in my web.config.

I am able to access the Umbraco admin fine, and everything within the admin, but nothing else works. When I go to my homepage I get 'Server Error in '/' application' 'The resource cannot be found'.

I've looked all over the forums for similar posts but couldn't find anything. I followed a post on the forums about best practices for deploying Umbraco.

It must be something wrong in my web.config. It works fine locally so I'm a bit stumped.

thanks for the help

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Dec 10, 2011 @ 00:07
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi, Tim. Have you checked that 'default.aspx' is included in the 'default document' settings of your final destination site?

Dec 10, 2011 @ 00:32
    Tim Officer

yes, I thought that may have been the issue too but I added and still no luck.

these are the default documents:

default.aspx
    index.html
    index.htm
    index.asp
    index.aspx
    default.htm
    default.html
    default.asp

Dec 10, 2011 @ 15:45
    Tim Officer

I figured it out. I didn't actually the default.aspx file. The problem was that the file was in my file system so I was able to run locally, but I didn't include the file in my VS project so it was being included when I published everything.

Thanks for the help though Rodion.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft