Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luke Johnson 61 posts 80 karma points
    Dec 16, 2011 @ 19:55
    Luke Johnson

Content UI fails when host bindings are applied to the Umbraco server

We are attempting to make our Umbraco installation public today. However, when our Information Systems department applied host bindings to our Umbraco development area (to make the main URL path lead to the new website), the "Content" UI in Umbraco would not open pages below the root.

When a page below the root is selected (e.g., "/college" or "/college/finances") we get an error along the lines of: "Item 1472 has already been added."

When these host bindings were removed from the Umbraco server, I could again edit content in the "Content" UI.

We are running on IIS7, and Umbraco 4.7.0.

Has anyone come across this before? How can we make Umbraco receive the host bindings?

Thanks,

Luke

Dec 16, 2011 @ 20:08
    Luke Johnson

I should clarify: 

The Umbraco installation is in a subdomain (sub.domain.com), and we are trying to get the main domain (domain.com) to lead to the Umbraco site. When this path is applied to the Umbraco site, we get the error described above, and the "Content" UI becomes useless.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 16, 2011 @ 20:30
    Tom Fulton

Hi Luke,

Can you paste the full exception?

I have seen a similar error but it's usually fixed by just recycling the app pool, have you tried that?

Also are you adding these bindings in IIS or Umbraco?  IIS bindings shouldn't have any effect on an error like that

-Tom

Dec 16, 2011 @ 23:08
    Luke Johnson

Thanks for the response!

Rather sheepishly, I was able to fix the problem by declaring Host Names at the root level of the site. I hadn't looked into Host Names before, and hadn't realized how important they can be... The site is working well now.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft