Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Dec 19, 2011 @ 17:11
    Jennifer Killingsworth

republish site not working after upgrade to 4.7.1

We have a staging environment where users login and edit their pages and a production environment where where administrators login and "republish entire site" at scheduled times so that the changes made in the staging enviroment will show up on the public website.

I upgraded a site from 4.6.1 to 4.7.1 and now when I republish production site it is no longer showing the changes that were made in staging.  If I delete the umbraco.config file it regenerates a new file and the changes show up, but we shouldn't have to do that.

To upgrade, I copied over the /bin, /umbraco/ and /umbraco_client files, then used WinMerge to compare the Web.config and add in the changes.   Did I miss something?  Any ideas what to check to figure out why republishing the entire site is not working?

Thanks.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 19, 2011 @ 17:47
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jennifer

Have you also checked that permissions are still the same as before?

/Jan

Dec 19, 2011 @ 18:53
    Jennifer Killingsworth

The permissions are the same as before.

Dec 19, 2011 @ 22:26
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I've also noticed a LOT of errors in the log manager like this one:

"Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = 23275. This is most likely caused by the page isn't published! Parameter name: nodeId"

This happened since upgrading the site --- didn't see any of these in the log manager prior to the upgrade.

Dec 20, 2011 @ 00:42
    Jennifer Killingsworth

On the production server - republishing the entire site does NOT update the umbraco.config file.

However, if I go to a content page, make a minor change, save and publish - it DOES update the umbraco.config file.

That definately rules out a permissions issue on that file.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 20, 2011 @ 01:36
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jennifer,

Try checking the umbracoLog table after you attempt the republish.  Maybe one of the nodes is failing and causing the entire process to fail (?)

-Tom

Dec 20, 2011 @ 14:56
    Jennifer Killingsworth

The only thing I see in the UmbracoLog table are logouts --- none of the error messages I see in the Log Manager.

When I upgraded to 4.7.1, I also upgraded Contour and while it didn't show me any error messages when I installed it, by searching through the logs I've found several at the time it was being installed:

Error loading package action 'addApplicationTree' for package Umbraco Contour: umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException: Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK_umbracoAppTree'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.umbracoAppTree'.

It's after Contour is installed that I start seeing the "Couldn't find any page with the nodeid = #" errors.

As for republishing - I can republish the site in the staging environment and it updates the umbraco.config, since both the staging environment and the production environment share the same database I'm not sure why it would fail on one and succeed on another.

Dec 21, 2011 @ 14:41
    Jennifer Killingsworth

When chose "republish entire site" on the production server - the only thing that shows in the logs is:

08:32:54DebugDone republishing Xml Index Administrator -1   21/12/2011
    08:32:54 Debug Xml Pages loaded Administrator -1   21/12/2011
    08:32:51 Debug Republishing starting Administrator -1   21/12/2011
    08:32:51 System Loading content from database...

For whatever reason the umbraco.config isn't updated in the production environment.

I'm still not sure what is causing all the "Couldn't find any page with the nodeId = [nodeId]" errors, but I've managed to rule out the Contour upgrade.

Dec 28, 2011 @ 19:50
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Any ideas?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 15:39
    Tom Fulton

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry, not really sure what else to check without more detailed errors or seeing the setup & debugging.  Are you using load balancing by any chance and have you ensured your sites are accessible by the setup in the <distributedCalls> section of the umbracoSettings.config?

Also curious if republish entire site behaves as expected on your dev site?

-Tom

Dec 30, 2011 @ 16:00
    Jennifer Killingsworth

We are not using load balancing.  We have a development server (Windows 2008) with a separate Umbraco instance and database, which was upgraded and the umbraco.config updates just fine when you "republish the entire site".  Since everything was working fine in development, we upgraded staging and production.

The staging server and production servers are both Windows 2008 and share the same database.  Users log into the staging environment to edit their pages (which have to be approved through a workflow) and administrators log into production to "republish the entire site" at scheduled times during the day to push those changes out to the public. On the staging server "republish the entire site" works just fine, but in production it doesn't update the umbraco.config - it will however generate a new one if we delete the old one before republishing the entire site. It will also update the umbraco.config if we publish a page from within production. 

• Den Gordo 29 posts 49 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 18:22
    Den Gordo

I had similar problem and this has resolved it Rebuilding the cmsContentXml table
    Go to YOURDOMAIN/umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true and clicking "republish". it rebuilds the entire cmsContentXml table

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/api-cheatsheet/publishing-and-republishing

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 09:24
    Dan Evans

Did anyone ever solve this? Having the same problem on 6.0.2 - see this thread:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/39552-Publishing-very-slow-on-upgrade-to-602

xml=true - does not work as the cmsContentXml table has rows in it

not a permissions issue as Umbraco can generate the file and write to it when individual pages are published.

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Mar 28, 2013 @ 09:26
    Dan Evans

Did anyone ever solve this? Having the same problem on 6.0.2 - see this thread:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/39552-Publishing-very-slow-on-upgrade-to-602

xml=true - does not work as the cmsContentXml table has rows in it

not a permissions issue as Umbraco can generate the file and write to it when individual pages are published.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft