Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• sreekanthmr 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 12:48
    sreekanthmr

Anyone has source files of earliest versions (2.1.7)?

Hi,

I'm in desperate need of umbraco 2.1.7 source files as I have already developed a site using Umbraco 4.1 but the same is not working under a virtual directory.  I tried 2.1.7 and I was able to host it under a virtual directory.  I need to do some customization so, I'm looking for source files.  If anyone can point me to 2.1.7 source file archive, I will be thankful.

Regards,

Sreekanth M.R.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 16:23
    Dirk De Grave

Sreekanthmr,

I'm not sure but do think that even v2.1.7 is not working correctly when configured as a virtual dir. It still doesn't in v4, so I doubt if it has ever worked that way in a previous (ancient history) version. And it is not supposed to run in a virtual directory. Altho installation may go fine, you'll run into lots of issues when using virtual dirs.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jul 04, 2009 @ 17:27
    sreekanthmr

Yes Dirk,

I realized that.

I have done the entire site using 4.0.1 and I never had to touch the code to accomodate most difficult requirements.  I really enjoyed working on this software, until I encountered the issue while deploying it on to production server.  I have no other option but to do it all over again in some other tool.

I understand why this wouldn't work, but as I'm totally taken over by this tool, I still refuse to believe that I can't make it run under a virtual dir.  However difficult, I would like to go for it rather than giving up on this.  If anyone tried it before and reached a stage but could not go beyond, please share it with me.

Regards,
    Sreekanth M.R.

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2009 @ 18:22
    Niels Hartvig

It shouldn't be a big challenge to make Umbraco work in a virtual dir - especially not if you just map the /umbraco_client as another virtual dir in IIS. But you would need to modify the source, but I would assume it's mostly a matter of updating the global paths in the umbraco.BusinessLogic project.

The main reason that support for running Umbraco in a virtual dir was removed was because there was increasing issues with add-ons that only worked in root. Let's find a way to solve this and then re-enable virtual dir support for 4.1

Jul 04, 2009 @ 18:59
    sreekanthmr

Thanks  Niels,

I started with modifying UmbracoCMS in web.config.  I could get the default page but other inner pages and CMS part is not working.  As this is business critical, however difficult, I have to do this.  All I need is the frontend part (actual web site) should work from a virtual directory.  CMS part I can configure on a root site and point it to same database, hence I don't have to worry about making it work in virtual dir.  So, please direct me in few simple steps as to how I can achieve this.  I did look at businesslogic project but could not get much out of it.  I will spend some more time looking for some clue.

Regards,
    Sreekanth M.R.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    Jul 05, 2009 @ 01:54
    Aaron Powell

Niels - I believe that's on Shannons list for v4.1

Jul 08, 2009 @ 21:54
    sreekanthmr

I'm still stuck with this issue and trying the suggestions made by Niels.  I still have many issues and looking forward for help.  Anyone who have an idea on making this work in a sub dir or virtual dir, please share the same with me.

Regards,
    Sreekanth M.R.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft