Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Muhammad Nadat 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 28, 2011 @ 12:16
    Muhammad Nadat

help with installing umbraco

hey all,

im realy new to umbraco, i have been trying to install umbraco all morning but for some reason it just doesnt want to install. im not using the web platform to install it im installing it manually. 

at the moment im on the DATABASE CONFIGURATIONS page. now iv created a new datase using SQL server 2008 called umbracoCMS' and iv also created a user called umbracoUser and my database server is BOLTON\SQLEXPRESS. The thing is i can logon to the database using SQL server management studio. but when i put the above information in the database configurations page it doesnt seem to work and i get the following error.

Database connection initialisation failed.

any ideas what im doing wrong?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 28, 2011 @ 12:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Muhammad and welcome to our :)

Have you set the proper permissions for network service/iusr? I suspect this is an issue related to permissions. It could also be some firewall blocking the request perhaps?

Sebastiaan Janssen has written a good guide on how to install Umbraco manually - you can read it here: http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Muhammad Nadat 2 posts 22 karma points
    Dec 28, 2011 @ 13:29
    Muhammad Nadat

thanks alot Jan, you were right . after looking at your tutorial i found i have managed to install Umbraco. 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 29, 2011 @ 00:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Muhammad

I'm glad to hear you managed to move on - hope that you wille enjoy working with Umbraco :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft