Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• timvdh 7 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 05, 2009 @ 11:53
    timvdh

Hosting umbraco in the Azure cloud?

Hi,

as an umbraco newbie I am already thinking about switching from DotNetNuke to umbraco. I am more into content and SoC, so that seems logical.

I read a lot about the Azure Service Platform and find it very interesting (but I have not done anything with it). I cannot host umbraco with my current hoster (medium trust), and I was thinking about a V-Server or Dedicated Server (will at least double my hosting expenses). But at the same time I would like to expand my portfolio towards Azure since I think it is very promising and I want to use it myself before I offer it to customers. So I thought umbraco may be a use case.

My question is if anybody does have an opinion about Azure / umbraco. Talking cloud, <span id="spBody" class="Forum_Normal">Amazon EC2 would be another option. I am into cloud stuff, it's so buzzy.</span>

Regards

Tim

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 05, 2009 @ 21:51
    Morten Bock

I know there was an open space session on the subject at Codegarden, but it looks like they did not write any minutes/notes from the session. Christian Palm has done something with the Amazon cloud services. Maybe try and get a hold of him:

http://our.umbraco.org/member/2180

• timvdh 7 posts 29 karma points
    Jul 05, 2009 @ 23:24
    timvdh

Thank you, Morten. Kewl - since the topic has been touched already, it does not seem to be nonsense to dig deeper.

Regards

Tim

• Kevin Keeney 6 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 00:22
    Kevin Keeney

I'm also interested in running Umbraco on Windows Azure, and may you please share your solution(s) if any?

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 08:17
    jaygreasley

Hi there,

At the 5th birthday celebration in London Microsoft UK did a little demo of Azure. They are very much behind Umbraco and I am sure that it being an all Microsoft stack it will all work very well together.

Tim, as of v4.1 medium trust will be supported as well so if you are not fussed about the buzzwords you have another option

hth

Jay

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft